Monday, May 8, 2017

Review: Missha - Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule

Packaging: This product comes in a purple glass bottle equipped with a glass dropper. What I particularly like about its packaging is when you pull out the dropper, there is a plastic lining (see photo above) that removes excess product on the outside of it which takes care of the issue of dripping – a problem that most dropper applicators have. I use just three or four drops on my whole face.
Price: You’ll find that most places you look, this product sells for ~$50 (Missha USMissha Canada), but you can find it for better prices around ~$35 (JolseCosmetic-Love). This product generally lasts me around three months and is considered less expensive than the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair dupe that retails at over $100! So, this is a great deal if you ask me.
Consistency: As with most serums, immediately after application there is a slight sticky feeling left on your skin, but I do find that this product absorbs rather quickly despite its semi-thick consistency. On days when my skin is really dehydrated, it almost feels as though my skin “drinks” this product right up! I use it day and night; I love it. This suits skins of all types.
Scent: The scent is very, very subtle and I find it a little hard to describe, but I can only assume it is the concoction of extracts I’m smelling. (It is by no means bad!)
Ingredients: This product is absolutely loaded with extracts! If your skin is sensitive to extracts, then this may not be the product for you, but if you don’t have this issue, then allow me to introduce you to its glorious ingredient list:
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycereth-26, Juniperus Chinensis Xylem Extract, Sorbus Commixta Extract, Bis-peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Betaine, Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethyl Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Grifola Frondosa (maitake)/ophioglossum Vulgatum Extract Ferment Filtrate, Peg-11 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ppg-26-buteth-26, Polysorbate 20, Carbomer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Triethanolamine, Chamomilla Recutita (matricaria) Flower Extract, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Rice Extract, Lactobacillus/rice Ferment Filtrate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sea Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Octyldodecanol, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Oleosomes, Acacia Arabica Stem Bark Extract, Hydrolyzed Extensin, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, Aronia Arbutifolia Extract, Beta Vulgaris (beet) Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (cabbage) Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) Root Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (blueberry) Fruit Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclomethicone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium Edta, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Lactobacillus Ferment, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Manilkara Multinervis Leaf Extract, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Seed Extract, Lauryl Methacrylate/glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer,Saccharomyces Ferment FiltrateLactobacillus/soybean Ferment Extract, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Saccharomyces/viscum Album (mistletoe) Ferment Extract, Yeast Ferment Extract, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Dimethiconol, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/leaf/vine Extract, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide, Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Beta-sitosterol, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Propylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Glyceryl Arachidonate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Ubiquinone, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Cetyl Phosphate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Retinol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Cucumis Melo (melon) Fruit Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Biotin, Brassica Campestris (rapeseed) Sterol, Peg-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tripeptide-10 Citrulline, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Bht, Ceteth-3, Ceteth-5, Copper Tripeptide-1, Silica, Tripeptide-1
Ingredient List Source: Missha US
I’ve bolded some of the ingredients that stand out most to me. First, we see many different kinds of ferments, all of which strengthen and protect your skin barrier. Next, we see niacinamide which brightens up your face. Last, but not least, we see retinol near the bottom of the list. In general, we can easily assume that the majority of this product is composed of the first five or so ingredients, but why might it be good to see retinol at the very bottom of the list? Well, you could purchase a more potent retinol product if you wanted, but then you face photosensitivity due to the sun, irritation, redness, and peeling. With a product like this, we can safely assume its percentage of retinol is fairly low, but still effective enough despite this fact. I didn’t realize I had fine lines on my forehead from raising my eyebrows so often (haha..), but I did when I realized they weren’t there anymore (!) due to this product. It managed to smooth them out within two weeks, and as a plus, its high percentage of niacinamide faded my old acne marks. To top it all off, this product seemed to do as it advertised: it strengthened my skin barrier by providing it with nutrients and a surge of hydration and moisture.
Overall Review: This is one of those products you might not realize how much you need until it’s gone. If you feel that your face is perfect, you may certainly feel this way as you use it, but upon using it up, you may be surprised! I was using many products when I had first purchased this, so it was hard to say what was contributing to my skin progress, but when it was gone, I found out just how much I needed it. I’ve purchased this product twice now, and I can say with certainty that I will be purchasing it again and again in the future. It’s simply one of those products I can’t go without. I’m simply smitten. 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment