Saturday, May 6, 2017

Introduction: The First Products That Got Me Into Asian Beauty

One day I found myself searching online – desperately – for some kind of foundation that would work well with my combo, acne-prone skin, because my usual Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation just wasn’t doing the trick any longer. Eventually my search landed me on Missha’s official US website where I found hundreds of glowing reviews for their products. I finally decided to take the plunge after some thorough research.
Pictured above you can see four things that would not only jump start my journey into the asian beauty product world, but would also change the way I thought about my skin and skincare.
So just what was so special about these products, you might ask? Well, after I began using them religiously (I would switch between the two BB Creams before I finally decided my skin best fit #21), my acne actually improved, my older acne scars had finally faded, and my face looked lively. But most importantly, they made me feel confident in my own skin for the first time ever.
Products (from left to right) as shown in the photo on the right:
  1. M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42 PA+++ (#23)
  2. M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++ (#21)
  3. M BB Boomer
  4. Missha The Style Glow Tint Lip Balm (PK01, Vital Pink)
Note: These photos were taken in late 2014 when I still lived in 
California, US. I have since then moved to Alberta, Canada where 
the weather and climate would teach me that they would make all the 
difference concerning what I used on my skin and precisely when I
would use these specific products.
The following is what my daily skincare routine looked like back then in California:

A.M.

  1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash*
  2. Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel for Skin, Face and Hair
  3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF30
  4. M BB Boomer
  5. M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42 PA+++ (#23) or M Signature Real Complete BB Cream SPF25 PA++ (#21)

P.M.

  1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash
  2. Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel for Skin, Face and Hair 

No comments:

Post a Comment