Saturday, May 6, 2017

First Impressions: The History of Whoo - Camellia Moisture Oil

In the photos above, what you see pictured is something I’ve been meaning to rave about ever since I bought it: The History of Whoo Camellia Moisture Oil which I bought from Jolse. (Fun fact: I had no idea it would come in a little set, so that was a very pleasant surprise! It comes with the accompanying hydrating balancer, hydrating emulsion, Soo Yeon Cream, and Soo Yeon Jin Cream.) What interested me in this product was that I discovered it was part of The History of Whoo’s “hydrating” line, and since I had never tried this brand before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was simply dazzled by its beautifully packaged products and I had to try it. So luxurious!
Packaging: It comes in a sturdy, frosted glass bottle (50ml) with a small dispenser to prevent over-usage of the product. The cap is plastic and twists off.
Price: Expensive (~$70 USD), but so far it appears that a little goes such a long way that it will last me quite some time before running out. I use two or three drops for my whole face on its own, or sometimes I mix it in with the lotion I’m wearing that day for an extra boost.
Consistency: This is the lightest oil I’ve ever felt. It has an almost water-like consistency and absorbs immediately.
Scent: A light floral scent, this product smells like absolute heaven. It’s one of the reasons I enjoy using it so much.
Ingredients: According to CosDNA, there are no potential acne-triggering ingredients, nor is there anything to irritate your skin! 
First Impressions: I find that this works wonderfully on my combo, acne-prone skin. I love everything about it (except for that price – ouch!) and it is everything I expected out of a high-end brand such as this one. It absorbs quickly with no shiny residue left behind (see the photo above of it on my hand) like you see with other oils, such as jojoba oil or rosehip seed oil. Instead, it gives me the perfect dewy look because of its hydrating features. I don’t find the scent overwhelming and it fades quickly. Overall, I would say this product is amazing – especially with an ingredient list so simple and effective. (Ginseng is very effective against wrinkles!) 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment